Our growing system at Moosa Creek for California native plants is perhaps our proudest accomplishment. It was developed in conjunction with UC Riverside and has produced some of the highest quality native plant material in the industry. Our plant survival rates are exceptional and the growing system is the reason. In summary the major components of the system include:
1. A family of proprietary planting mixes that include naturally occurring soil microbes. Each mix is designed to be as close as possible to the plants natural environment.
2. Most plants are inoculated with beneficial mycorrhizal fungi to enhance growth with minimal chemical inputs and improve plant survivability.
3. Minimal chemical inputs with reliance on biological controls are usually adequate except where the plants mortality is in jeopardy or in case the customer demands it.
4. Lot controls provide source traceability of every plant sold.
5. Most of the restoration species are grown in full Valley Center sun
6. All our plants are water stressed as part of the growing system to be sure that they develop enhanced survival skills
7. Minimal use of fertilizers protect soil ecology and favor root growing over leaf growth which enhances plant survivability,